You can have a connected classroom too! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create a class Twitter account - The benefits of having a classroom Twitter account are endless. From learning from others, sharing their learning with a large community of peers to receiving encouragement and feedback. It is a quick and easy way to start connecting with others right away.
- Get your class blogging - If there is one way to empower your students to write and to give them an audience to write for, this is the way to do it.
- Sign up for The Primary Blogging Community - If you already have your class blogging, sign up for The Primary Blogging Community. They will get to check out what other classes are doing on their blogs and receive a ton of comments from other kids around the world! Sign up here.
- Sign up for the Global Read Aloud -
5. Sign up for a Skype account - connect with other classes through video from around the world while sitting in your own classroom. Download Skype here. Find other classes to connect with and projects to explore using Skype here.
All you need to do now is try ONE. Sign up for one of the above suggestions before you are back to school, before you have lessons to plan and work to assess. Don't wait for tomorrow. Do it now, I am sure once you see how your students respond to connecting and collaborating with the world instead of just in your classroom, you won't look back. Get your class connected now, you won't regret it!